Weekly Practice Journals (1)


    As a new student observing yoga, the first experience I had was online. The first practice I decided to complete was specifically geared for beginners. The youtube video I watched was titled "10 Minute Morning Yoga For Beginners." Since this is my first time practicing any form of yoga, I decided to start off very easy then progressively get to more complex practices. Almost every morning, I like to stretch for a few minutes before I start my day so this was the perfect video to start off with.

    With almost all of my classes being virtual, this online experience was just as expected. The yoga instructor completed each stretch with you for the whole video, rather than just explaining the stretch and speeding up the video, which I personally like. She was taking her time with each stretch, and being descriptive as to how each stretch should properly be done. Also, her voice was very peaceful to listen to, which definitely kept me relaxed. She also was playing calming/ meditating music during each stretch. 

    The yoga instructor most definitely created the best "yogic" environment she could via online. Because she did not speed up the video, it was almost as if I was doing the stretches with her in person. Although this is my first time practicing yoga, I genuinely enjoyed it. It was very short, but I saw her other videos she has posted and I want to continue watching her other practices. She has videos specifically for flexibility, relaxation, sore muscles, tension, some of which I am very interested in.      

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaoV1PrYft4

Comments

  1. great! Make sure that you give more details about the class you took at the beginning of each entry. This will help with your analysis. Here, maybe the name of the instructor. keep going!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Weekly Journal (2)

Weekly Journal (3)